We hope you are all keeping well and are coping with the ever-changing world that this little bugger of a virus has forced upon us.
Hopefully you had chance to read our last email containing our Coronavirus policy and details of the changes we were having to make. We just wanted to follow this up with a little more information.
We totally understand what a stressful and worrying time this is for everyone so let us take some of that worry off your hands/paws and reassure you that we are doing everything possible to be sensible and safe in this situation.
Unless absolutely necessary, our services will not change, and we will do everything we can to continue to provide them for you. We will stay in touch and provide regular updates.
We have issued a set of rules to each of our pet carers and had thorough discussions with them about health and safety to reduce the risk of contracting and/or spreading Coronavirus.
Our best practice rules include:
- Washing hands thoroughly before and after each pet care service (this does mean our carers will need access to your hand washing facilities please)
- Using Safe4 disinfectant to clean hands, all surfaces (this included steering wheels, leads and keys) and your pets. Safe4 is antiviral and is completely safe for use on and around pets. It is non-toxic, non-irritant and non-corrosive. This is the same product we use as part of our Kennel cough prevention procedure.
- We will also use gloves when appropriate.
- Avoiding contact with clients, which includes not hand shaking, high fives or hugs – sorry!
What you can do to help:
- If you are at home, it would be very helpful if you could bring your dog to the door when the walker arrives and collect them at the door when they are returned.
- If this isn’t possible, or you’re not at home during the day, we will absolutely minimise the amount of time spent in your home.
- If you have any other suggestions as to how you’d like us to proceed then please do let us know.
A massive THANK YOU:
We want to say a HUGE thank you to everyone that has continued to book on with us. We understand that working from home means you get to spend much more time with your furry friends, but also that you still may not have the time to meet their needs during the day – that’s where we come in! We appreciate your needs may change slightly and we will cater to those where we can. Just let us know what you need and we will do our best to meet this!
We have received a lot of cancellations, due to holidays and trips being postponed or cancelled. Whilst we understand this is beyond your control, our pet carers invest a lot of time and effort into our house-sitting, boarding and daily pet care services and so we ask that you give us as much notice as possible when making cancellations. Our cancellation policy can be found on our general terms and conditions.
It’s still 24 hours cut off for cancellation of daily services, BUT if you could give us more notice that would be great. And if you still want us while you’re working from home we will be SOOOOOO happy to oblige! Cancelling house-sits and board bookings will also come with a cost and we’re happy to discuss that with you individually.
PLEASE BEAR WITH US!
Please bear with us – our aims are to keep providing our services to you, keep you, your pets and our lovely sitters safe, protect people’s jobs…and hopefully still be here when this crisis is over!
We hope you have a lovely week. At least the sun is out and even if you can only look at it out the window – we hope it brightens your day!
Take care and wash hands x