Happy Hounds & Cooler Cats Coronavirus Policy
18 March 2020
** Clients please inform us if you have symptoms and are self isolating rather than working from home: we will endeavour to provide a solo walk for your dog but they will not be able to come on group walks. While dogs cannot contract covid19 as far as we’re aware, they can carry the infection, as can any object. So we want them to come into contact with as few things – cars, other dogs etc – as possible. This is exactly what we would do for kennel cough – a walk from the door. This time with gloves! This will be subject to availability.
Most walkers currently wish to continue but those who have underlying health conditions have stopped which is absolutely right**
6th March 2020
Happy Hounds will continue to operate as usual and our procedures will evolve as required.
The procedures we will apply will be similar to those we use during a kennel cough outbreak, while also increasing the use of barrier protection for humans.
Compulsory actions for sitters to carry out
- Wash hands thoroughly 5-10 times a day with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Do not touch clients or other people as much as possible. Avoid shaking hands, hugging and other unnecessary forms of contact
- Do not kiss or cuddle or be licked by animals.
- Avoid touching your face
- Use gloves when entering homes (get from HH)
- Use hand sanitiser
- Ensure vehicle is kept sanitised using Safe4 disinfectant (get refills from HH)
- Spray yourself with diluted (1:50 safe 4 disinfectant) as you would after contact with a dog during a kennel cough outbreak (soles of shoes, spritz your clothes, spray down inside of vehicle)
Info for sitters
- Please inform HH if you have been in a high-risk area and/or come into contact with someone who has been in a high-risk area.
- If you are going to be in busy places, then please avoid those coughing or with signs of colds.
- If you have been exposed to someone coughing wash hands immediately.
- You may need to self-isolate – if you feel you have been exposed to/may have the symptoms of the virus, check with the NHS 111 online Coronavirus service or a medical professional ASAP. Please inform HH.
Info for clients
- Please inform HH if you have been in a high-risk area and/or come into contact with someone who has been in a high-risk area**(see below)
- Please inform HH immediately if you are having to self-isolate.
- If a client needs to self-isolate, we will need to be cautious about providing animal care to them as currently it isn’t clear whether animals may contract or spread the virus.
- Please note that our cancellation policy will continue to apply in order to try as be as fair as possible to all concerned.
- SITTERS WILL NEED TO WASH HANDS AT CLIENTS’ HOMES
Extra precautions for specific services:
We ask you to please bear with us while we have to use these additional precautions – we hope you appreciate the need to minimise contact as much as possible in these circumstances.
For boarding and daycare we may minimise the items that we’ll take from you and use our own bedding, equipment, toys and so forth.
We may do handovers at the door rather than invite you in / coming in for a cuppa after you collect or we drop off a dog.
These policies may evolve and we’ll keep you up to date with any changes.
- Shortness of breath
**High risk areas (as at 6/3/20)
- Hong Kong
- Tenerife (especially anyone who staying at the Adeje Costa Palace Hotel)
- South Korea